Friday, July 27, 2012

Oven roasted steak for the first time

The grill is out of propane and my boos wanted steak tonight. So I had to improvise and googled other ways to cook steak without smoking out my apartment. ;) I saw that oven roasting was an option so I decided to try it. It came out pretty good and was super easy to make. I don't have a cast iron skillet so I placed a glass baking dish in a 450 degree oven. I used a frying pan and seared the steaks on both sides for 30 seconds each. After I put the steaks in the glass dish in the oven to cook for 1 minute and 30 seconds for medium rare or 2 minutes each side for medium. The glass dish was hot! I heard the steals sizzle as I placed them in the dish, so be careful! Once time is up remove from the oven and allow the steaks rest for about 15 minutes before slicing into them. Super yummy and will definitely do this again! I topped the steaks with caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, and some Chinese black pepper sauce. Needless to say my belly was very happy! happy eating! :)

No comments: